Saturday, November 3, 2012

Tailgate Treat: Pumpkin Spice Cookies

I've mentioned these little wonders in a few posts before, and I'm still crazy about them! If you haven't bought some Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kisses, go get them NOW! They're seasonal, so they won't be around much longer! I bought 6 bags. Yes, they are amazing.
I've seen many cookies made on Pinterest with these kisses, and tried to make them myself. Attempting to make cookies with these and pre-made sugar cookie dough was a nightmare. Save yourself the trouble and don't even attempt it.
I found a recipe on Picky Palate that makes cookies using a spice cake mix and canned pumpkin. I altered the recipe a little, and here is my version:
1 box of Spice Cake mix
1/3 large can of pumpkin
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
Heat oven to 350. Mix all the ingredients together with an electric mixer. If the dough is too thick add more pumpkin. If the dough is too runny add some flour. Use cookie scoop to place dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes, or until done. Press unwrapped kiss onto the cookie. 
Immediately place the cookie sheet in the fridge so the kiss won't melt too quickly. You'll need to leave the cookies in the fridge for about 20 minutes for the kiss to set.
These are a wonderful fall treat, and great to serve at your tailgate! Try these out for the Vandy game or the Egg Bowl! Hotty Toddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment