Friday, December 16, 2011

Tailgate Treats: Cake Pops

Now I don't mean to brag, but our Grove Tent has come to be known for one thing: Cake Pops. Cake Pops are the new fad in bakery goods, and let me tell you, they are to die for! They aren't the easiest to make though, and it takes a lot of practice until you really get a system down (trust me, I'm still figuring it out!) This is the tutorial I used to learn to make the basic Cake Pop. Here's a few of the fun ones I've made for The Grove!
These were vanilla cake pops, with chocolate coating. I just used some white pipping icing to make them look like footballs. The base is a pie of styrofoam that I painted to look like the Vaught-Heminway field.
These seemed to be everyone's favorite! They were carrot cake with vanilla coating, and I used red pipping icing to make them look like helmets and jerseys! So much fun!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for you post. It helped me with an idea for Super Bowl!

    ReplyDelete