Sunday, October 7, 2012

Dollar Store Deals

In the words of Honey Boo Boo, "a dollar makes me holla!" Believe it or not you can make your tent look just as elegant and expensive as the most beautiful tents in the Grove by shopping at dollar stores. Yes, you read that correctly, I said dollar stores.

After yesterday's game, I needed a little retail therapy. But being Sunday most stores were closed, so I made a trip to Oxford's Dollar Tree Store, "Where Everything is $1.00!" Dollar Tree has some great basic party supplies and other crafty items that you can use in your tailgate. Here are a few things I found... and trust me, when you see them in my tent this Saturday, no one will believe I got them at the dollar store!

This faux silver plate is great! It's is nickel-plated, so it doesn't feel plasticy. It even has a design etched into the plate, so it really looks like a vintage silver platter. And guess what... it was only a dollar!
I got this stacking plate holder at an antique store for $5.00. I added three of the faux silver plates from Dollar Tree, and voila it looks like the other expensive silver serving trays seen throughout the Grove.
Dollar Store carries these Nickel-Plated Trays in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

I also found these great "Silver Look" plastic forks, knives, and spoons. They are thicker than the average plastic cutlery you buy, and they look very much like real silverware. This cutlery comes in sets of 12, and the best part... it's only a dollar!

You can use ribbon almost anywhere in your tailgate. Tie a ribbon around a flower pot, add bows to a drink bucket, the options are endless. I found this red and blue grosgrain ribbon in the craft isle with the fake flowers. Each roll has 5 yards for only a dollar! I don't even think Wal-Mart can beat that deal. 

Check out that receipt! I got all this stuff for my Grove tent for only $8.56! So run out to your local dollar store and see what awesome things you can find!

WARNING: Dollar stores sometimes tend to be a bit unorganized, so be prepared to dig through the isles to find the good stuff! Hotty Toddy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I was at the Dollar Store yesterday and bought the very same silver platters! I made one into a chalk board menu sign. It looks exactly like the one on my Pinterest board. I was also totally considering going with the faux silverware!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome idea Melissa!

    ReplyDelete