Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Tailgate Transportation

One of the most daunting tasks on gameday is getting all your yummy Grove treats and decorations to the Grove in an organized manner. Security will let you drive your car into right up to the Grove and park for a few minutes to unload, but believe me this is the biggest hassle and ends up being more trouble than it's worth.
So I began to wonder, how can I walk all my tailgating goodies up to the Grove from my car that's parked a quarter mile away? Solution: an old trunk. I attended summer camp every year growing up, and my old camp trunk has been sitting in my parent's garage for years. So I decided to upcycle my trunk and turn it into The Tailgating Trunk!


Before


After

This trunk works perfectly to transport Grove stuff because it has WHEELS! I just throw everything in there (food, decorations, etc.) and wheel it up to the Grove. It can also be used for seating once you get it up to the Grove. 

How to Paint It:
For the base coat I used a navy blue spray paint with a primer. It took about two coats to cover the entire trunk. After the spray paint fully dried, I used basic acrylic paint to add the decorations. It was super easy, and only took about 2 hours plus drying time! 

Here's a few other cute ideas for transporting your food up to the Grove. Little Birdie Secrets has a great tutorial on how to make your own insulated casserole cover. Grab some Ole Miss fabric and get to sewing! 

I found these cute personalized tupperware food carriers at Sugar Magnolia in Oxford. You can also buy these sorts of tupperware containers at Walmart or Bed, Bath, and Beyond. If you know how to make vinyl labels you could make this yourself! Or even grab your paintbrushes and paint them!


The University of Mississippi has put out this little reminder to fans to really show Texas how southern hospitality works down here in the South. Here are a few reminders they would like all of us Rebels to keep in mind this weekend. 

Hope everyone is having a great week of preparation for this weekend! It is expected to be the largest Grove event in Ole Miss history so far, so get ready!! Hotty Toddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment